In August 1933, my mother Frances Cohen (Yes, her maiden name was Cohen) who was just short of her sixteenth birthday, took a car trip to upstate New York and Vermont to visit relatives. The trip took 3 weeks. Here is her itinerary:
Her uncle Morris Pearl, uncle Ruby Helfand and Jack Gershen came to NYC. Returning to upstate NY, they took my mother and her cousin Shirley Waldman back with them. My mother spent 3 weeks visiting relatives. My mother remembers sleeping in the car from NYC waking up in Loon Lake, NY.
- Visited Ruby and Rose Helfand in Brushton, NY. Ruby managed the Pearl’s Brushton store.
- Visited Morris and Doris Pearl in Chateaugay, NY where Morris managed the Pearl’s Chateaugay store.
- Visited Paul and Bertie Pearl in Alburg, VT where they lived and Paul was the head of Pearl’s
- Visited Joe and Leona Pearl in Swanton, VT where Joe managed the Pearl’s Swanton store.
- Visited Isadore and Ruth Kropsky in Potsdam, NY where Isadore managed the Potsdam store.
- Visited Eli Cowen in ? where her brother Eli was ?.